Home > Michigan Cycling Community

Lucky 13 Cycling: Champions, Beginners, & Everyone In Between

Nestled in the town of Milford, Michigan, near plenty of bike-friendly roadways, trails, and beautiful scenery is a small cycling club called Lucky 13 Cycling. This club of about 40 members is an all-inclusive group of cycling enthusiasts, beginner bicyclists, and racing champions that encourage each other through bike rides and races in Michigan. The Beginning of Lucky 13 Cycling Lucky 13 started when a husband-and-wife team opened a new bike shop, Vincere Cycles, in downtown Milford. This opened new possibilities for cyclists in the area and sparked the union of locals that enjoy a wide variety of cycling disciplines....
Read More

Meet Melissa Werkman: Community Leader, Advocate, & Cyclist

If you’re looking for an example of leadership and advocacy in the Michigan bike community, look no further than Melissa Werkman; a dedicated cyclist who embodies the values of what makes our community thrive. Both on and off a bike, Melissa is constantly using her time and skills to better the communities around her. Leadership in the Michigan Bike Community Melissa got started in the Michigan bicycle community as a race promoter after being introduced as a triathlete. She tried multiple biking disciplines before falling in love with mountain biking. While she no longer races competitively, Melissa coaches mountain biking...
Read More

Morning Cranks: Early Riders Sprinkled Around Southeast Michigan

Starting the day off right is central to members of the Morning Cranks, and what better way to start than a bike ride with friends? This cycling club meets before the crack of dawn year-round to bike around Southeast Michigan. Fueled by friends and the promise of donuts at the end of a ride, this network of early risers knows how to have fun and fit exercise into a busy lifestyle. About the Morning Cranks The Morning Cranks is a network of Michigan cyclists that like to start their day with a bike ride. Typically departing at 5:30 AM every...
Read More

Cadieux Bicycle Club: Cyclists that Ride, Race, and Give Back

If you attend a bike event in Michigan, you will likely cross paths with a member of Cadieux Bicycle Club, a group of cyclists that Ride, Race, & Give Back through their collective passion for cycling. With a long history of promoting bike races, racers, and rides, this club is rooted in serving the Michigan bicycle community. Cycling with a Purpose Since 1965 Founded at the Cadieux Café in the predominantly Belgium section of Detroit’s eastside by four local cyclists, Robert (Bob) Devos, Frank Van Laeken, Al Roles, and Adolf Lincklau (Buff), the Cadieux Bicycle Club’s goal was to promote...
Read More

A Letter to the Michigan Cycling Community Regarding Michigan Bicycle Law

Dear Michigan Cyclists, For many years I have represented cyclists in the courtroom and volunteered my time for causes that promote cycling in Michigan. During that time, my law firm has consistently supported me and agreed to contribute time and money to Michigan cycling events, the sponsorship of teams, and co-hosted numerous events that give bike helmets (and bicycles) to kids. Approximately five years ago, I was asked to join a new group of lawyers that were starting a national network of lawyers who represent cyclists called the Bike Law Network. I valued being part of this group of bicycle...
Read More

Velocity USA: Hand-Built Wheels and Accessories

Bicyclists looking for high-quality, stylish wheels and accessories need to look no further – Velocity USA has what you need right here in Michigan! Velocity manufactures numerous bicycle rims at its plant located in Grand Rapids. The Wheel Department takes these rims and produces hand-built top-notch wheels that come with a variety of rims, hubs, and spokes. “I am a big fan of Velocity wheels. I have used Velocity Major Toms as my go-to cyclocross wheels for years and am currently running Ailerons on my gravel bike,” says founder of Michigan Bicycle Law, Bryan Waldman, “I even have a coat hanger...
Read More